Cube Mind

Cube Mind
The mind of a cube dweller

Friday, January 29, 2016

For the Love of Timecards

O, Timecards, with thy temporal enumerations and such,
You fill me with such longing for timely reports,
I can't do without thee--I adore thee too much,
So, please, don't dare spurn me with unkind retorts.

I seek requited approvals for Exempt staffers’ leave,
(Be it sick- or vacation-, in 8-hour blocks),
If granted I’ll be giddy for so just a reprieve,
Swelling my ardor in a Time paradox:

For the greater my passion, the less Time there is,
As zeal aimed at Kronos needs Time to grow,
Much like a mildly sweet, bubbly Honey Rum Fizz,
On a lazy, warm Sunday--mm, quite the tableau!

So, monthly jobholders, share my Timekeeping joy,
And let’s revel in the Timekeeping we gladly employ.


Sonnet Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment