Cube Mind

Cube Mind
The mind of a cube dweller

Friday, November 6, 2015

Timecard Reminder Reminder

Biweekly timecards are due Tuesday (at the latest),
By Monday’d be great, (by today’d be the greatest!)

Workers and supervisors need to approve in the right order
To prevent a total breakdown or a mental disorder.

Workers approve hours (once they’ve filled them all in),
Supervisors go next (to avoid deep chagrin).

And now a little more insight
Into what compels me to write…

While it’s my joy to remind you fine and true folk,
Who reminds the reminder? Or so goes the old joke.

My mindful ‘minder’s named “Thinky”--he's a heck of a guy,
But best keep your distance--he's incredibly shy.



















His purview isn’t specific to timecards alone,
He’ll remind me to eat or to hang up the phone.

Or if I’ve forgotten where I last parked my car,
He’ll retrace all my steps before I’ve gotten too far.

He’s better than a computer because he knows what I mean
When I ask him a question whether vague or obscene.

“The Greek Goddess of Beauty and Love?” (“Aphrodite!”)
“That changing lightbulbs rhyme?” (“Lefty loosey, righty tighty!”)

Lost my keys, dropped my wallet, misplaced my wristwatch?
Can’t remember the base for a Rob Roy? (“It’s scotch”).

So who is my ‘minder? Well, to be perfectly plain,
Thinky’s the name of my oft-addled brain.





















Thinky Geoff

No comments:

Post a Comment